Sunday, September 1, 2013

"Red sky in the morning"

"Sailors take warning"
Unusual sunrise this morning in South Cocoa Beach.  right now though there is not a cloud in the sky.

Mortgages

I have noticed a lot of home sellers becoming increasingly frustrated with the time it is taking on approval of mortgages especially FHA and VA loans.  Unfortunately this is a time consuming process and I don't see it getting quicker any time soon.  The buyer picks the lender if asked I will offer several lenders to choose from but do not make the final decision.  When I find some mortgage brokers don't answer their phone or do not return calls then I don't recommend them anymore.  Nothing is quite as frustrating as a professional not taking calls or not returning calls.  It may be bad news but it has to be addressed.  We have had a couple of agents who were very bad about communication and needless to say they are no longer with us.

I have a contract on a home in Melbourne in which the buyers are very well qualified for a purchase.  They wanted to go VA since they wanted to save their cash and finance 100% of the price.  This is a very common practice but a lot of sellers are hesitant about accepting VA.  VA is an excellent tool and we still did the contract as is with no additional fees for VA.  Inspections are set for this week so I hope for the best.

Jim Bagwell  


No comments: