Monday, September 30, 2013

"Mountain Mama"

"Take me Home, country roads"  John Denver
Picture is of the Sphinx rock on Grandfather mountain.  Ada and I took a little road trip to Blowing Rock, NC.  It was a great time.  I decided to try new things for dinner so one night I had SC flash fried oysters and the next night I tried my first bison.  They both were delicious.   If you find yourself in Blowing rock try the Gamekeeper restaurant, I give it 5 stars.

In the complexes we have talked about, the inventory is now next to nothing.

Windrush;  no active listings.

2100 Towers; One active listing and that is the penthouse that started out at $1,200,000 and is now at $899,000.  More realistic but may not be low enough.

The Diplomat;  One active listing in the front buildings priced at $129,900.  This one is priced correctly.

Windward East;  3 active listings remain, the 1/1 on the 3rd floor priced at $189,000, this is direct ocean so the price is not far off or is at least worth a offer.  1st floor that is a foreclosure and priced at $249,900.  This unit has 1482 sq ft and features 2 bedrooms 2 baths with the extra room.  The townhome in the front is still priced at $230,000, this unit is still not priced competitively compared to the ocean view buildings.

Jim Bagwell



No comments: