Friday, February 22, 2008

What's up?


The market has not been real active for our 3 complexes in the last week but overall I feel it is picking up a bit. We have had a real good start to 2008 and we only hope it continues to escalate. There has been a lot of talk recently by many so called experts that we have seen the worst of the market but I am not ready to commit to that theory. There are still many foreclosures and short sales hitting the market so hang in there for awhile longer.

Expert

Hopefully I am an expert after all these years in the business but consider this, We bought our condo at the height of the market, remodeled from top to bottom. Fortunately we love where we live so we are content with our decision. All I am saying is no one really knows the top of the market or the bottom of the market. Take all of the advice for what it is and if there is a motive behind the advice. If I could live with it I could advise everyone that we have reached the bottom so it is time to invest. I couldn't do that so you have to look at each listing and where they are at in the pricing of the property.

Buy of the week!

I really feel that the 1st floor unit in Windward East is a good investment.
Although it is a 1 bedroom unit with 902 sq ft, it has been reduced to $179,900. If you market heavily for the monthly rental market, this unit could almost pay for itself while the market goes through the correction.

Enjoy the weekend and hit them straight and long!

Jim

No comments: