Monday, October 7, 2013

"I tore my mind on a jagged sky"

"I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"  Kenny Rogers  He must be the biggest success moving from rock to country and who can forget Seinfeld's Kenny Rogers chicken episode.
A lot of activity continues in Windward East, in addition to the side unit 610 being under contract, this is the 2/2 listed at $269,000.  The 302 unit is now under contract, this is a 1/1 direct ocean unit and had a list price of $189,000.  I don't expect either to sell at list price so we will see when they close.  There is a new listing also in Windward East #309 which is a 2/2 unit with 1521 sq ft.  There is a good view to the SE.  The unit is priced at $299,900 which is a little high.

Almost every day I have a agent come in to ask about taking a listing that is overpriced.  My response is always the same, "the seller has the final say on list price".  I do however ask the agent to keep their comparative market analysis after showing it to the seller.  It is very true if the seller is not a hurry to sell or does not need to sell, you can put the unit out at an inflated price and wait for offers but it is also true you will get more showings if you are priced within 10% of the market value.  It always comes down to the true market value is what a buyer will pay for the property.

Jim Bagwell  

No comments: