Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good News from Real Estate Market, huh??


Finally some good news from the newspaper about the Real estate market. As reported in the Florida Today and the national news agencies, the home sales for September of this year in Brevard County totaled 444 homes compared to 313 in September of 2007. Even condo sales were 103 in September compared to 71 last September. Now of course the median price is much lower and a lot of investors are getting out of stocks and back to Real Estate. We hope this is a trend and not a blip on the radar.


Not much new in our 3 complexes this week.

The 1 bedroom in Windward East on the bottom floor had a price increase from $181,111 to $185,000. This unit has been on the market for about 6 months. I still think for the right price and aggressive property management this unit could be a good buy.

There is a new 2 bedroom 1 bath on the 1st floor in the oceanfront building of The Diplomat that is priced at $324,900.

Associations

I wanted to clarify from last week’s post about our associations. I don’t hear negative things stated about our 3 associations. I think we are very fortunate to live where we do. I know I am biased but I feel we have one of the best associations in Windward East on the beach.

Better days are coming!

Jim Bagwell

No comments: